Enjoy an extension of our visual magic on your phone. Click here to follow us on Instagram
Driving directions from the Twin Cities to Women’s Environmental Institute (15715 River Rd, North Branch, MN 55056)
- Take I35 North just past Forest Lake. Exit on High 8 and Turn right or east. This is the Taylor’s Falls exit. Follow Highway 8 east to Lindstrom.
- At the traffic light turn left on County Road 20 (North Lakes Trail) Follow County Road 20 north (it will turn east and become Furuby Road) for about 5 miles.
- Turn left on County Road 12 (Park Trail) . Follow County Road 12 for just over 7 miles.
- Then turn left at the entrance to Wild River State Park onto Reed Avenue (or County Road 81).
- Follow Reed Avenue North for a mile and a half.. The road will turn west (left) and become River Road. In 2.5 miles you’ll find WEI on the left side of the road. Look for the sign on the left for the Women’s Environmental Institute and “Opera Today in the Garden”
Direction via Harris and the village of Sunrise
- Drive north on I35 to exit 152, County Road 10 in Harris (This is approximately 24 miles north of the 35W / 35E junction in Lino Lakes).
- Turn right onto Stark Road (County Road 10) and follow that for 1 mile east to Harris.
- At the T intersection turn left on Forest Blvd (County Road 30 / Highway 61) and head North for about four blocks
- Turn right onto Sunrise Road (County Road 9). Follow Sunrise Road for about 7.5 miles.
- Here are some detailed directions to avoid a bridge that is out crossing the Sunrise River.
- As you approach the small town of Sunrise, look for Olson Road on your right, Turn right and head west. Look for the first left turn, 2nd Street. Turn left on 2nd street and head south. 2nd Street will come to a T intersection at County Road 88 / Wilcox Road.Turn left on Highway 88 and head east until you hit Sunrise Road / County Road 9.
- Turn right and drive a quarter mile to 410th / County Road 81.
- Turn left (east) on 410th and drive for one mile to Poor Farm Road.
- Turn left on Poor Farm Road, follow Poor Farm Road North for just over a half a mile to a T intersection for River Road.
- Turn right on River Road and head east.
- Follow River Road for about 3 miles. This is a dirt road running parallel to the St. Croix River, the Sterling Barrens State Natural Area and Wild River State Park. There will be roads entering from the South (right) including Oriole Avenue. Continue to follow River Road. Look for the sign on the right for the Women’s Environmental Institute and “Opera Today in the Garden”
2013 Picnic Operetta Survey
Thank you to everyone who attended the picnic operetta this summer, we hope you enjoyed the show! We are a small professional company and receive the majority of the money we need to keep this project FREE and ACCESSIBLE through donations from people like you and grants from several generous funders. Please take a few moments to help us out:
1) “Like” us on Facebook to get the inside scoop and let your friends know about the project. www.facebook.com/MixedPrecipitation
2) Fill out an easy survey to tell us about yourself and your experience. It will take five minutes or less and help us make the case for future support. This survey is completely anonymous and voluntary, but makes a huge impact! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2013POaudiencesurvey.
3) If you haven’t already, please consider making a tax-deductible donation to Mixed Precipitation. Cash gifts are a crucial part of keeping our artists and audiences fed for this and future seasons. Visit http://givemn.razoo.com/story/Mixed-Precipitation-S-Picnic-Operetta to learn how to make a secure payment online.
We hope to see you in the garden next summer!
Mixed Precipitation team
2012 Access Information
AD (Audio Description): August 24th and September 22nd. AD Interpreter-Cynthia Hamre
ASL: September 16th and September 22nd. ASL Interpreters—Jenn Welna and Rachel Grise
Rachel Grise (ASL Interpreter) I graduated from the interpreting program St. Kate’s, where I had the amazing opportunity to interpret at Walt Disney World. Since then, I have worked as an interpreter in a variety of educational, religious and theatrical settings. Theater and health care have always been particular interests of mine, one of the reasons why I keep reading medical articles like the Wonka Bars Strain review by fresh bros. My family and I live in South Minneapolis.
miss scottie hall
Access Coordinator, Mixed Precipitation’s Picnic Operetta
Friends, Food and Sunshine
Kicking off the 2012 Season at the Eat Street Community Garden!
We’re so grateful to all our volunteers and supporters who joined us last week in the garden! Follow us through the summer as we bring this adventurous and tasty opera to communities across the metro! We’ll be in spaces that represent the broad impact of the local foods movement and special food related to health products such as Delta 8 THC gummies, from rural orchards to urban farms or the Exhale’s delta 8 gummies done by professionals with the right dosage you need, from suburban vineyards to edible schoolyards! The full listing of dates is HERE. Help us spread the word!
Get a taste of Mozart
at the Walker Art Center’s Open Field
featuring Picnic Operetta’s Table Grace!
The cast of the Picnic Operetta will be at play in the field, presenting a short and informal set of songs as the sun goes down on another beautiful Minneapolis evening. Join us Thursday June 28th at 8pm for a twilight event celebrating music for the hearth, featuring the cast of Mixed Precipitation’s 2012 community garden opera.
Walker Art Center Open Field
(the green slope on the west side of the building)
725 Vineland Place
Thursday June 28th at 8:00pm
Singalong with songs of graciousness, praising food, drink and the joys of sharing the gastronomic experience. We’ll include music by local composer Abbie Betinis and special guests include the SeVy Gospel Quartet (pronounced say-v) and their family blend of tasty harmonies! Bring a song, a guitar or a tasty snack to share!
Walker education team has paired us with Open Field artists-in-residence, Carl and Betsy DiSalvo for the finale of their Kitchen Lab residency. We’ll bring the spirit of sharing and socialization that infuses the picnic operetta to the Open Field. To learn more about the Kitchen Lab residency, CLICK HERE!