Driving directions from the Twin Cities to Women’s Environmental Institute (15715 River Rd, North Branch, MN 55056)
- Take I35 North just past Forest Lake. Exit on High 8 and Turn right or east. This is the Taylor’s Falls exit. Follow Highway 8 east to Lindstrom.
- At the traffic light turn left on County Road 20 (North Lakes Trail) Follow County Road 20 north (it will turn east and become Furuby Road) for about 5 miles.
- Turn left on County Road 12 (Park Trail) . Follow County Road 12 for just over 7 miles.
- Then turn left at the entrance to Wild River State Park onto Reed Avenue (or County Road 81).
- Follow Reed Avenue North for a mile and a half.. The road will turn west (left) and become River Road. In 2.5 miles you’ll find WEI on the left side of the road. Look for the sign on the left for the Women’s Environmental Institute and “Opera Today in the Garden”
Direction via Harris and the village of Sunrise
- Drive north on I35 to exit 152, County Road 10 in Harris (This is approximately 24 miles north of the 35W / 35E junction in Lino Lakes).
- Turn right onto Stark Road (County Road 10) and follow that for 1 mile east to Harris.
- At the T intersection turn left on Forest Blvd (County Road 30 / Highway 61) and head North for about four blocks
- Turn right onto Sunrise Road (County Road 9). Follow Sunrise Road for about 7.5 miles.
- Here are some detailed directions to avoid a bridge that is out crossing the Sunrise River.
- As you approach the small town of Sunrise, look for Olson Road on your right, Turn right and head west. Look for the first left turn, 2nd Street. Turn left on 2nd street and head south. 2nd Street will come to a T intersection at County Road 88 / Wilcox Road.Turn left on Highway 88 and head east until you hit Sunrise Road / County Road 9.
- Turn right and drive a quarter mile to 410th / County Road 81.
- Turn left (east) on 410th and drive for one mile to Poor Farm Road.
- Turn left on Poor Farm Road, follow Poor Farm Road North for just over a half a mile to a T intersection for River Road.
- Turn right on River Road and head east.
- Follow River Road for about 3 miles. This is a dirt road running parallel to the St. Croix River, the Sterling Barrens State Natural Area and Wild River State Park. There will be roads entering from the South (right) including Oriole Avenue. Continue to follow River Road. Look for the sign on the right for the Women’s Environmental Institute and “Opera Today in the Garden”