We’re already lining up garden sites for our 2012 season. If you are interested in bringing the picnic operetta to your greenspace in the Twin Cities, please CLICK HERE to fill out the simple form to let us know more about you and your site.
About our Operettas
- The performance runs approximately one hour.
- The opera is presented in a unique multi-lingual / multi-genre style.
- The performance is family friendly.
- We serve five course spread of locally sourced food that is created to extend the story and garden aesthetic.
- Our performance is best enjoyed by audiences of 50 to 130, depending on the size of the garden.
- We perform inside of the garden, with the action surrounding the seated audience.
What we need from our garden hosts
Here’s a simple list of things that we think about with each garden site:
- a place to park our vehicles / unload
- a bathroom for our performers and audience (it can be the same bathroom), a near by church, latrine or home is sufficient
- a flat area where we can set up blankets for our audience (preferably where the audience will NOT be facing the sun)
- permission to put a few stakes in the ground (though this is rarely needed)
- a rain site (we really don’t want to cancel a show), a church, school or community center would be great, we can fit our performance almost anywhere
- permission to advertise on our web-site and take photos or video during the performance
- permission to “pass the hat” for voluntary donations at the conclusion of the performance
- the assistance of one garden contact or coordinator, reaching gardeners with information about our performance, we want everyone to be invited!